AC CAN Stakeholder Convening this August
You are invited to join us for the summer Stakeholder Convening & Networking Lunch!
AC CAN and the San Francisco Office of Financial Empowerment are partnering to bring you our upcoming Stakeholder Convening, Prevailing Challenges to Financial Success in the Bay Area. We are asking you which of the topical issues facing your clients/constituents are most pressing as they move towards financial stability and success.
At the Convening, engage with expert panelists in two key areas of income and asset development selected in response to your feedback. Throughout the Convening there will be opportunities to glean expert knowledge, relevant resources, and tools for advocacy and engagement. We will learn more about these challenges and how to overcome them.
We want to hear from you! Register today and complete the registration survey to tell us which issues most impact your clients and constituents.
* Coffee and light refreshments will be provided, courtesy of Whole Foods.
Get your network on! The Stakeholder Convening will be followed by a lunch networking event (12:15-1:00pm), open to all attendees. Grab your own lunch at Swan’s Marketplace and join us at communal tables to keep the networking going! Swan’s Marketplace is located at 538 9th Street in downtown Oakland, a short walk from the venue. It offers a number of different food options and a relaxed dining environment. Check out their yelp review
Questions? Contact AC CAN.
AC CAN’s July Program Committee meeting featured a presentation from SparkPoint Oakland, a one-stop financial help and education center where low-income residents can access a full range of free services. SparkPoint is currently accepting new clients who have a vision of their financial goals. Refer clients to an orientation HERE.
Download the SparkPoint Oakland presentation HERE and video HERE.
Also discussed at the meeting, AC CAN is launching a new LinkedIn page. Follow us to read our updates and news from the asset building world.
AC CAN Program Committee is a group open to all staff of AC CAN member organizations. If you would like to join AC CAN, submit an application HERE.
- Defend the CFPB’s Force Arbitration Rule – Reject a resolution to block the new rule that prohibits class action bans in forced arbitration clauses in financial contracts. We have a right to our day in court when companies engage in widespread wrongdoing.
- We Need AFI – AFI matches funds in IDAs and Representative Barbara Lee and Senator Dianne Feinstein serve on critical Committees that can reinstate $18.95 million in AFI funding for FY18. Tell them how much AFI means to your community.
- Aug 1: VITA Funding Strategy Call, We will go over our strategy and how you can help us protect VITA funding for the future. REGISTER
- Aug 2: A Safe Home: Immigration and Affordable Housing in the Trump Era REGISTER
- Aug 8: A Public Option for Jobs: Can We Tackle Racialized Inequality?REGISTER
BUILDING CREDIT AT THE LOCAL LEVEL: People who have no credit history, insufficient credit history, or no recent credit history may have limited access to credit. Your organization can help people become “credit visible” in a positive way. Read More
2017 PROSPERITY NOW SCORECARD: Get statewide data on asset building.
FINANCIAL COACHING NETWORK: New network for program managers and directors to connect and share their experiences, questions and the latest information available in the field. Join Today
BAY AREA EQUITY PROFILES: The profiles present demographic trends and assess how well regions are doing to ensure its diverse residents can participate in the region’s economic vitality, contribute to the readiness of the workforce, and connect to the region’s assets and opportunities. Read the Profiles
Urban Habitat – Program Manager, Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute (BCLI)
United Way Bay Area – Program Specialist SparkPoint – Program Support
Sacred Heart Community Service – Economic Empowerment Program Associate
Building Skills Partnerships – Financial Education Specialist
Mission Economic Development Agency – Adelante Fund Director
Mission Economic Development Agency – Policy and Organizing Director
W.K. Kellogg Foundation – Program Officer for Family Economic Security